Constructing a bridge (or road bed, overpass, building) is a complicated task. The project manager must constantly assure that the right equipment and raw materials are at the right place at the right time and are ready for use by the right people using the right procedures to build the right structure.
Unexpected changes to any one of these variables can result in severe disruption of the orderly progress of work, creating unexpected costs and poor quality. In order to keep their finger on the pulse of these project variables most project managers try to maximize their time in the field. Without a good field management system paperwork often pulls the project manager back to his office and away from the project.
Does your present field management system enable your entire enterprise to:
- Complete work reports or review and update meeting minutes either on-line using a web-based software package or off-line using a Mobile Device (laptop, tablet, smart phone.)
- Retrieve a procedure (or task list) instantly to address any workmanship related issues on the spot.
- Review the latest set of drawings for a structure immediately after they have been submitted for approval.
- Act on an RFI request from the field while looking at the structure in person.
- Complete and enter field inspection results with one entry rather than filling out a paper report that must be entered by a clerk later at the office.
- Gain access to full contact information of all critical players to assure the right people are at the right place at the right time.
If managing tasks like these is taking away from time spent in the field (or even worse time with your family at home) then perhaps it is time for you to investigate the power of ATSER Field Management software.
Feature of Manage-ITTM/Assure-ITTM: Quality Management
The construction industry has numerous challenges that significantly complicate the process of producing a quality project. Unlike a standard manufacturing plant the construction industry must produce its product anywhere the client says under whatever weather conditions Mother Nature chooses to throw its way. In addition, the cost of non-conformance of the product can be massive. For example, imagine the cost of tearing out and replacing a hundred feet of out-of-compliance pavement!
Does your present quality management system enable your entire enterprise to:
- Manage multiple testing labs at various field locations, online and offline.
- Develop the test plans (type and frequency) for multiple projects and determine compliance toward a given plan at any time.
- Format and communicate test procedures and report formats across multiple test lab.
- Enable both one-time, logging of manual field samples/tests (eliminating office re-entry) and automatic data entry of laboratory field intermediate results.
- Disseminate task lists to the field personnel to minimize workmanship errors.
- Conduct data analysis such as comparative F & T analysis between labs, and prepare control charts and histograms of the data.
- Review sync logs for all field data collection device.
If managing the Field Operations and QC tasks like these required for your projects is taking away from time spent in the field (or even worse time with your family at home) then perhaps it is time for you to investigate the power of