Most people who use or occupy a new structure would be amazed to learn the amount of time and money spent to assess and manage the quality of raw materials utilized in each step of construction.
They would be even more surprised to see the number of activities (such as defining test plans and procedures, reporting and analysis of intermediate and final results, calibration and comparative analysis between various labs, etc.,) that must be performed in order to assure that the lab test results are valid and reliable.
Complicating the issue is the need to make these test results readily accessible for use in the field to make decisions regarding fitness for use.
DOES YOUR PRESENT LABORATORY INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ENABLE YOUR ENTIRE ENTERPRISE TO:
- Manage - in real time - the workflow from sample request, to sample logging, to calculation of intermediate or final results, to data acquisition through to invoicing and processing for payment.
- Customize and prepare specific formats that meet varying reporting requirements for laboratory data end users.
- Meet the ever increasing “need for speed” between sample request and reporting of analytical results to the field.
- Make the results accessible anywhere via one, single web-enabled database.
- Enable users of the data to search through the database for a particular sample to determine its status, test results, test procedure utilized, etc.
- Automatically link to data analysis software to facilitate development of control charts, histograms, F&T tests,etc.
If managing tasks like these is carrying a high cost or is taking away from time spent in the field (or even worse time with your family at home) then perhaps it is time for you to investigate the power of ATSER Laboratory Information Management software.
FEATURE OF ASSURE-IT: WORLD-CLASS QUALITY ASSURANCE AND MANAGEMENT
The construction industry has numerous challenges that significantly complicate the process of producing a quality project. Unlike a standard manufacturing plant the construction industry must produce its product anywhere the client says under whatever weather conditions Mother Nature chooses to throw its way. In addition, the cost of non-conformance of the product can be massive.
For example, imagine the cost of tearing out and replacing a hundred feet of out-of- compliance pavement!
DOES YOUR PRESENT QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ENABLE YOUR ENTIRE ENTERPRISE TO?
- Manage multiple testing labs at various field locations.
- Develop the test plans (type and frequency) for multiple projects and determine compliance toward a given plan at any time.
- Ability to view the latest version of the drawings, and as-builts on records, or create new annotations on the fly.
- Format and communicate test procedures and report formats across multiple test labs.
- Enable both one-time, logging of manual field samples/tests (eliminating office re-entry) and automatic data entry of laboratory field intermediate results.
- Disseminate task lists to the field personnel to minimize workmanship errors
- Conduct data analysis such as comparative F & T analysis between labs, and prepare control charts and histograms of the data.
- Review sync logs for all field data collection devices
If managing the QC tasks like these required for multiple projects is taking away from time spent in the field (or even worse time with your family at home) then perhaps it is time for you to investigate the power of